Learner Assessment Management. Quality Councils want to see policies and procedures for forms of assessments and how they are managed.
Assessment Management and Moderation Policies and Procedures
Quality Councils want to see policies and procedures for forms of assessments and how they are managed. Assessment is a quality indicator and as such, should be a detailed component of your Quality Management System.
Training providers must create policies and procedures guiding each stage of training delivery and to mitigate problems.
Examples of Assessment and Moderation Evidence
- Statement of Commitment to Learners
- Assessment PnP
- Assessment instruments
- formative and summative
- Learner Remediation PnP
- Grievance PnP
- Moderation PnP
- Internal Moderation reports
- External moderation reports
- Moderation of instruments and material reports
- Programme remediation PnP
- Credit Accumulation Transfer (CAT)
- Certification procedure
- Pre-assessment planning and induction documentation
- Feedback and recording instruments
- Assessment review procedure and templates
- examples of how this has been implemented.
Read about Credit Accumulation Transfer (CAT)
CAT is the acronym for “Credit Accumulation Transfer”, and is based on a model developed by SAQA that will be used to determine whether CAT (Credit Award Transfer) will be implemented to recognize school / FET qualifications and sector qualifications.
Assessment Management: Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a process through which formal, non-formal and informal learning are measured, and then mediated for recognition across different contexts. Candidates are certified against the requirements for credit, access, inclusion or advancement in the formal education and training system or workplace. (Source: National Policy for the Implementation of RPL: par 30).
The aim is to make it possible to obtain formal recognition for knowledge gained throughout life, such as in workplaces and own reading or experiences. The RPL process also entails providing support to a candidate to ensure that knowledge is discovered and displayed in terms of a relevant qualification registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF).
Assessment Management: Create an RPL Process
- The target group
- Numbers of candidates for RPL process
- The budget and financial support to the project
- The unit standards that will be used
- The assessment methods that will be adopted
- Preparation and support for candidates
- Communication Strategy
- Time frames, logistics, Work arrangements during the RPL process
- Handling Disputes
- Appeals and Reassessments
Consult or Seminar?
Book a consultation based upon specific accreditation issues or invite Leonie to present topics with your team.
- Online consultations available (weekdays 2pm-9pm; Saturdays 8am-11am)
- Offline consulting
- Bespoke seminars tailored to your requirements