The Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development invites applications from small holder farmers/producers who are currently in production and preparing for winter crops.
The main objective of this support is to complete the current production cycle in an effort to ensure adequate food production and supplies.
The targeted beneficiaries are smallholder and communal producers with a turnover between R20 000 and R1 million per annum.
50% women, 40% youth and 6% people with disability will be targeted.
The Funding is a grant and the voucher system will apply in partnership with distributors and manufactures of these inputs.
The grant shall not exceed R50 000 per farming operation.
Minimum qualifying requirements
- Smallholder farmers/producers must have a minimum turnover of R20 000 per annum but not exceeding R1 million. (produce financial records or evidence if financial statement cannot be produced during this lockdown period )
- South African Certified ID copy; not older than 3 months
- Valid confirmation of land tenure/ownership (title deeds, Tribal Resolution, Permission to Occupy, minimum 5 years lease agreement)
- Already farming
- Application form completed
- Farming operation able to create permanent and/or seasonal jobs
- In cases where the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Certificate is necessary for the operations, evidence of such to be provided.
- Proof of access to water for irrigation in case of fruits, vegetables and winter crops (i.e. water license/rights or proof that it had been applied for, borehole or other sources).
- Non-Government Employees
Disclaimer: due to limitation of funds not all qualifying farmers will be funded.
Closing Date for the application is 22 APRIL 2020 by 16h00. Late applications will not be considered.
For more: DALRRD website: www.dalrrd.gov.za
Thanks for reading! Please share if you found this useful!
VIDEO: COVID POLICY RESPONSE FOR ORGANISATIONS