Accredited education and training organisations have proven that they understand the Quality Context described in legislation’s 8-core criteria
CHE, QCTO and SETAs use the 8-core criteria for accreditation judgements
The 8-core criteria are nuanced and added to by the Quality Councils.
- If you apply for accreditation using the same set of evidence (based upon the 8-core criteria) to each of the quality councils, you will satisfy MOST criteria specific to them.
- Many ‘nuances’ relevant to specific quality councils or SETAs are logical. For example, if you provide NQF L7 programmes, learners require access to a library as the NQF level descriptors require learners capable of self directed study and research.
- A provider applying for an NQF Level 3 programme, won’t have this challenge, but they must show how they provide resources to learners.
- If you provide training where learners work with hazardous chemicals, your OHS policies will have to be more vigorous than a training organisation providing Business Administration skills.
Apply this thinking to the various SETAs, and you will see that each SETA, besides the Quality Councils, have both subtle and obvious differences.
The 8-Core Criteria
The core criteria were defined in the ETQA Regulations (R 1127 of 8 September 1988) and also in the Quality Management Systems for ETQAs and Criteria and Guidelines for Providers.
If you want to know how to meet the core criteria, sign up for the accreditation seminars.
The table below lists and briefly explains each of the core criteria.
|1. Policy statement||Aims, objectives and purposes are communicated|
|2. QMS||There are procedures that implement quality management|
|3. Review mechanisms||Procedures for ways in which the implementation of policies would be monitored|
|4. Programme delivery||There is a process for how learning programmes would be developed, delivered and evaluated|
|5. Staff policies||Policies and procedures for staff selection, appraisal and development exist|
|6. Learner policies||Policies and procedures for the selection, guidance, and support of learners are present|
|7. Assessment policies||Policies and procedures for forms of assessments and how they are managed exist|
|8. Management system and policies||There is evidence of financial, administrative and physical structures and resources, and procedures of accountability within the organization|
Consult or Seminar?
Book a consultation based upon specific accreditation issues or invite Leonie to unpack diverse topics intuitively with your team.
- Online consultations available (week days 2pm-9pm; Saturdays 8am-11am)
- Offline consulting
- Bespoke seminars tailored to your requirements