From looking for learnerships to applying, career information to learner rights – you’ll find EVERYTHING here! Cover letter templates, interview tricks and tons of practical tips.
50 content links on this page lead you to advice and information to help reach your dreams.
SETAs connect to industries and the jobs you’re interested in. Tap in.
From Do’s and Don’ts to Deceptive Tricks
Learnerships are regulated training interventions. Not just anyone can offer them. Learnerships define job training programmes where:
- candidates participate for free
- unemployed candidates are employed during the programme
- unemployed candidates receive payments (stipends). The Department of Labour sets minimum rates to protect learners. Many companies pay more than the unfair minimums. The minimum amounts are equal to slave labour and remain unfair to candidates well-being.
- training is delivered by a SETA accredited training provider
- training is aligned to a recognised SAQA qualification resulting in a certificate of competency