Apply for a Finance Internship Programme in the Inkosi Langalibalele Local Municipality in Kwazulu-Natal.
Graduates in Finance, Accounting or Economic Sciences can Apply
The duration of the internship programme is 24 months.
Interns will receive a stipend of R100 000 per annum (No other benefits applicable).
Internship Application closing date is 13 December 2017 at 1200 noon
Internship Provider: Inkosi Langalibalele Local Municipality
Internship Location : Kwazulu-Natal
- Computer literacy
- A completed 3 year Diploma or equivalent qualification with majors in:
- Financial Management
- Management Accounting
- Local Government Finance or
- an Economic Science Environment qualification
- Matric certificate
- Preference will be given to an Accounting specialisation
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Sound computer Literacy including MS Office
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Implement GRAP and budget reforms
- Undertake financial and performance reporting
- Be involved in change risks and project management
- Manage expenditure and revenue Implement the MFMA
- Manage assets
- Develop and implement financial policies in terms of the Municipality’s Employment Equity Plan
- Check the merged data sets conform to information requirements and correct the occurrence of errors in data during integration
- Access specific fields of the system and insert and/or update information referring to the completed documentation
Note: This internship targets suitable males and females from all designated groups.
How to Apply
- Submit a comprehensive CV and an informative, inspiring covering letter along with all certified copies of qualifications
- ID and driver’s licence (if applicable)
- Canvassing of councilors or officials is not permitted and proof thereof will result in disqualification
- No subsistence and travelling allowance will be paid to applicants called for interviews
- The Municipality reserves the right to conduct reference checks
- The Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Post applications to:
- The Acting Municipal Manager, Inkosi Langalibalele Local Municipality, PO Box 15, Estcourt 3310
- or hand deliver to the Registry Office (Room 71), Civic Buildings, Victoria Street (tel. (036) 342 7800)
If you do not receive a response from the department within 3 months, consider your application unsuccessful.
Inquiries: The General Manager: Corporate Services, Mr HB Chotoo at (036)3427800
Cover Letters and CV Advice