Have you been accepted at university or college but can’t pay? This is an opportunity for those who wish to pursue a career in the wholesale and retail sector. This includes professionals in finance and HR.
Apply for W&R SETA Bursaries
The Wholesale and Retail SETA (W&RSETA) is offering bursaries to learners/students who have been accepted to study at Public Higher Education Institutions and TVET Colleges in South Africa.
The W&RSETA has identified as one of its strategic objectives, the need to support learners who have registered to further their studies at Public Higher Education Institutions in South Africa thus addressing Outcome 4.2.3 of the National Skills Development Strategy III which is to ensure that high-level national Scarce Skills are being addressed by work-ready graduates from Higher Education Institutions.
Whoa realllly???? You guys have sure been quiet during #FeesMustFall
But thanks, it’s never too late to be useful to the poor and marginalised.
Applications for the Bursary are open for the 2017 financial year and the Bursary is restricted to students who are registered for the following Degrees/Diplomas at Universities or National Accredited Technical Education Diploma (NATED) / National Certificate Vocational (NCV) Programmes at TVET Colleges which are related to the Wholesale and Retail Sector Scarce Skills priorities:
HETI (University) DEGREE/DIPLOMA
- Retail Business Management
- Purchasing Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Logistics Management
- Sales and Marketing Management
- Financial Management
- Information Technology / Computer Science
- Food Technology / Nutrition
- Retail Pharmacy
National Accredited Technical Education Diploma (NATED) PROGRAMMES (TVET) – N4 TO N6
- Business Management
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management
- Human Resource Management
- Management Assistant
- Clothing Production
- Hospitality and Catering Services
National Accredited Technical Education
National Certificate Vocational (NCV) PROGRAMMES (TVET) – LEVEL 2 TO LEVEL 4
- Finance, Economics & Accounting
- Information Technology & Computer Science
- Office Administration
- Transport and Logistics
To qualify for the bursary, students must be accepted/registered at a public Higher Education Institution (University, University of Technology or TVET College)
The W&RSETA has made available bursaries as follows:
· 1500 for New Unemployed TVET students and 1000 for New Unemployed HET students.
- The bursary covers cost of registration tuition, books, accommodation, and meals where applicable, up to a maximum amount of R65 000 for HET and R45 000 for TVET Colleges per annum
- The programme is for full-time studies at any public South African University and TVET College
- Applicants must be South African citizens
- Students will not be funded for longer than the stipulated duration of the qualification or studies.
- Students will not be funded for subjects/modules they have failed.
- Students must have been accepted by their preferred public South African University / TVET College
- Students that were previously funded by the W&RSETA and failed do not qualify.
- Students with other sources of funding do not qualify.
There is a limited number of bursaries available, and if you have not received any correspondence from W&RSETA within 30 days from the closing date, please consider your application to be unsuccessful
All interested applicants may apply via the NSFAS online bursary application system: http://www.nsfas.org.za by no later than 20th January 2017.
Click here for Guidelines
For queries, please contact NSFAS on Tel: 0860 067 327 or email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 20th January 2017