MICT SETA has 350 bursaries and 3000 Learnerships allocated for Advertising, Information Technology, Telecommunications and Media
- Tell me what you think. My opinion is that it’s inadequate. This sector can drive generic IT skills that can positively impact across all economic sectors. The limited impact of 3000 bursary and learnership beneficiaries nationally is a drop in the ocean.
- Why not 3000 people in each province? Given that our economy cannot grow fast enough to provide sufficient jobs – surely programmes should be nuanced to support and capacitate for small and micro business development. Where are the capacitation programs for school leavers? How does MICT reduce the massive barriers to the IT industry? #ThatsJustMyOpinion #Don’tShootTheFreeThinker
WANT TO BE A LEARNER?
- Use Jabu’s contact details below and request further information.
- Watch how you present yourself, it’s important to be seen as a professional and someone who is serious about pursuing opportunity. Write correctly, take pride in what you do and always try to be the best person you can possibly be.
- If you’re unemployed and looking for opportunity, don’t only look at the learnerships, use this list of available skills programs, contact the person responsible and find out if the SETA is looking for learners.
- Check out our post on available apprenticeships and be sure to use the contact details posted if you wish to apply.
- Planning to or busy studying and need financial assistance? See the list of allocated SETA Bursaries for 2016.
IF YOU’RE A TRAINING PROVIDER
If you are accredited to deliver training on the listed apprenticeships, learnerships , ensure that you have positioned yourself in the market so that you are accessible to unemployed applicants for 18.2 programs. You must also have sufficient access to practical on-the-job-training opportunity. It’s unacceptable that learners are often placed on occupational programs where training providers cannot deliver on the most important part of the qualification requirement – practical experience.
Here are the MICT SETA Allocations
|LEARNING PROGRAMMES||NO OF LEARNERS||PRIORITY FIELDS OF STUDY||NQF LEVEL||CONTACT PERSON||Tel|
|Bursaries||350||Advertising||5 to 9||Jabu Sibeko||112 072 email@example.com|
|Learnerships||3000||Advertising||3 to 6|
Opportunities in other industries
- All SETAs Bursary allocations for 2016
- AGRISETA learning programme allocations
- SERVICESSETA learning program allocations
- BANK SETA, FASSET and INSETA learning program allocations
- CHIETA learning allocations for 2016
- Construction Education and Training Authority (CETA) Apprenticeships
- HOT LIST! Current SETA Learnership Priorities
- Limited SETA Skills Program Allocations for 2016
- Learning programs prioritised by the CATHSSETA for 2016
- W&RSETA Biggest Training Allocation for 2016